22 Feb ISO/TS 16949 Management System Standard to Turku Mechanics
Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance has approved ISO/TS 16949:2009 Management System Standard to the Quality Management System of Stera Technologies Oy, Turku Mechanics in January the 22nd 2016.
The Quality Management System is applicable to manufacturing of metal assemblies.
What is relevant in ISO/TS 16949 standard?
Continuous improvement process is relevant in ISO/TS (what does the customer receive, what does the company receive).
The focus is in the following actions:
– increasing the productivity
– improving the process capability by using statistical methods
– developing the preventive and predictive maintenance system
– reducing waste, scrap and rework
– analysing root causes of the reclamations, assessing the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions
We use quality tools such as risk analyses, control plans, statistical process control meaning that we analyse process capability when developing the production process.
We have given trainings of statistical quality thinking and of relevant points of ISO/TS to the personnel. We have communicated of the process metrics and the given targets for the metrics to the personnel.
We have the process to measure the extent to which our personnel are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.